Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Scam in Orchard Road. Beware!

Hi everyone. I wish to warn everyone about a potential problem or situation maybe some here may have met.

Last night, my mother pass to me a letter saying she had won some prize.
    Attached the two pictures below are the letter.

It looked very fishy to me as no company name was stated. So I presume it was called GreatConcepts. It prompted me to do a search on google, yahoo and also yellow pages.
    During the search, I used the company name, telephone number and also the address as my search citeria. And to my suprise, on the UOB website, the address is found. Link Here

The company is listed as Oriental Travel Pte Ltd.

I was shocked. A company had two names with same address.

Subsequently, I found a forum.
    Link Here
    The main forum is here with a whole list of scams.
    Link Here
    Addional info
    Link here

On reading the forum posts, it did prove my suspicions correct. It was a SCAM!
    In summary, people were ask on Orchard road or the MRT station, taka area to fill in a survy and then given a scratch card. Then the "sales person" would say you had won a prize then you need to go to their office for a talk before you can redeem your prize. The talk was stated by the person to only tale about 45 minutes but ended up for 2 hours or so. During the talk, the sales people will HARDSELL they travel product for a package of $28K!!!. People will be pressured to sign by them.

Having read the forum a bit, I saw many had actually been cheated by them to sign up and some even paid. Those people found out the scam and decided to stop paying and now are faced with a law suit with the company. Many have reported to CASE about it and now many are coming together to have a law suit against the company.

This company has many company name variants such as Jue Shi Marketing Pte. Ltd., LGM etc.

PLEASE BE AWARE!!!!
    Last edited by davestaple; Dec 16th, 05 at 01:58 PM.

noted!!!

~

i think the police have busted a few of such companies b4. it seems now some have resurfaced.

in the old days, they sell Timeshare Holiday packages. God knows what they sell now.

but the tactic remains the same.

The bait: "You have won a lucky draw"

The reward: "You must collect personally at our office. And you must come with your spouse."

The scam: They detain you and your partner for a blardy 2 hours and tried to force the package down your throat.

I suspect they might even resort to locking the exit door to prevent you from leaving.

Such people deserve to go to jail!

Quote Originally Posted by davestaple
    Hi everyone. I wish to warn everyone about a potential problem or situation maybe some here may have met.

Last night, my mother pass to me a letter saying she had won some prize.
    Attached the two pictures below are the letter.

It looked very fishy to me as no company name was stated. So I presume it was called GreatConcepts. It prompted me to do a search on google, yahoo and also yellow pages.
    During the search, I used the company name, telephone number and also the address as my search citeria. And to my suprise, on the UOB website, the address is found. Link Here

The company is listed as Oriental Travel Pte Ltd.

I was shocked. A company had two names with same address.

Subsequently, I found a forum.
    Link Here
    The main forum is here with a whole list of scams.
    Link Here
    Addional info
    Link here

On reading the forum posts, it did prove my suspicions correct. It was a SCAM!
    In summary, people were ask on Orchard road or the MRT station, taka area to fill in a survy and then given a scratch card. Then the "sales person" would say you had won a prize then you need to go to their office for a talk before you can redeem your prize. The talk was stated by the person to only tale about 45 minutes but ended up for 2 hours or so. During the talk, the sales people will HARDSELL they travel product for a package of $28K!!!. People will be pressured to sign by them.

Having read the forum a bit, I saw many had actually been cheated by them to sign up and some even paid. Those people found out the scam and decided to stop paying and now are faced with a law suit with the company. Many have reported to CASE about it and now many are coming together to have a law suit against the company.

This company has many company name variants such as Jue Shi Marketing Pte. Ltd., LGM etc.

PLEASE BE AWARE!!!!
    it's called time-share.. and u can just dun sign up no matter how hardsell they are..

well some ppl still fell into it...and a lot i think ....base from the forum i chance upon ....

Quote Originally Posted by Asimof
    i think the police have busted a few of such companies b4. it seems now some have resurfaced.

in the old days, they sell Timeshare Holiday packages. God knows what they sell now.

but the tactic remains the same.

The bait: "You have won a lucky draw"

The reward: "You must collect personally at our office. And you must come with your spouse."

The scam: They detain you and your partner for a blardy 2 hours and tried to force the package down your throat.

I suspect they might even resort to locking the exit door to prevent you from leaving.

Such people deserve to go to jail!
    bro not that bad until lock exit door lah.. they know what they are doing.. they won't go against the law.. what they are using is physcology thingy.... some might argue they hardsell or whatsoever but it's the temptation of cheap resort gateway that they signup...

I actually did attended one before and I did posted previously in thread.... I survive without anything being forced down my throat and in return I have a 7 days tour package.. not a single cent I spent.. just about 1 hour and 45mins of my time I think.. but I wasn't really having anything on that nite so I just go and see see look look

Quote Originally Posted by davestaple
    well some ppl still fell into it...and a lot i think ....base from the forum i chance upon ....
    to be frank.. I went to one.. they hardsell yes.. same as insurance agents also...what prompted most to sign up was because of the so-called packages they offered. about 30K for the whole package and yearly a few hundred dollars for so-called 5 start resort stay... it's really a matter of greed.. no offence.... just being frank

What i think is the way they do business is unprofessional and looks unscruplous. They use pressure techniques to ask ppl to sign up, once ppl want to leave they would probably agree also...they using human mentality to win you over....

got one time dey call my hp b4.. i stunned tio tell my father.. he tell me is dose scam..
    Selling instax mini films at my http://insta-joy.blogspot.com/

Scan the QR code now for easy access!

Can't anyone or the police do something before this thing gets blown out of proportion?

Jue Shi Marketing

Have you ever been contacted by MS Jue Shi Marketing?

If you ever recieve a mail from this company beware. Click on the following link read thru the contents and then decide what is the best course of action.

To learn more click on this link :

http://www.voy.com/161450/985.html

The contents of the mail follows herein below :

Mr & Mrs My Name is printed here

Our Ref: OT0018K Shamini 01/L

29th November 2005
    We will contact you with your award

reference number, please write it here

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION

Dear Mr & Mrs My Name

‘Jue Shi Marketing’ is hereby writing to confirm the details of the promotion.

In our special limited promotion, you are guaranteed to be awarded *Digital Video Camcorder and*up to 14 night’s luxury accommodation.

THE ABOVE MENTIONED GIFTS WILL BE AWARDED TO YOU on 30th Nov 2005 ( Wed ) at 2.30pm

Please make available approximately two (2) hours at our sponsor’s corporate office at 350 Orchard Road, #12-08/09/10, Shaw House, Singapore 238868.

Our promotion is aimed at a frequent traveller audience, therefore to qualify; married or engaged couples who attend must be Singaporeans or PR, both English speaking, between the ages of 30 to 70, have a major credit card and with a combined net income of S$5,000.00 a month. Kindly note that we would respectfully request you to switch off your mobile phone during the introduction. Should there be any inconvenience, a secretarial service will be provided.

We would like to confirm that the introduction does not feature timeshare holidays or points holidays and there is no obligation to purchase or book any holiday.

Upon receiving this Notification, call your Customer Hotline immediately

(between 11.30am – 7pm) at 68369557 to confirm and receive an extra award.

Extra awards typically include either a *$1000 flight certificate with any airline for your use through any of their travel agents, or *Beauty Vouchers for free treatments and up to $800 savings

Finally, please find enclosed map and directions for your convenience and if possible, please try to arrive 10 minutes earlier to register for your awards.

This event is not related to Singapore Tourism Board or National Association of Travel Agents Singapore.

Mrs Molly Prakash

P.S: BE AWARE OF UNREGULATED COMPANIES COPYING OUR GENUINE OFFERS. IF YOU RECEIVE A LETTER THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS WITHOUT THE GENUINE JSM LOGO, PLS REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO 6836 4735 SO THAT WE CAN PROTECT YOU FROM FUTURE EXPOSURE TO UNREGULATED COMPANIES.

Terms and conditions:
    You are entitled to participate in this promotion with no obligation to acquire or purchase anything. Only recipient of this letter can receive their awards if they meet the following qualifications:

This program is for married or engaged couples; both must be at age of 30-70 with combined household income of above net $5,000 per month and having a major credit card and are Singaporeans or PR, both English speaking. You must arrive with your spouse or partner, without children, friends or relative, and take part in an approximately 120 minutes introductory advertising at the sponsoring company’s office or venue. Awards presented at the end of the introductory advertising. Sponsoring company would respectfully request you to switch off your mobile phone during the introduction. Should there be any inconvenience caused, a secretarial service provided.

*Families participated during the past 6 months, workers or family members or relatives of company employees, or any company’s clients, vendors, suppliers and their family members – cannot take part in this promotion or receive any award. *Winners of big awards agree to have their names and pictures use in our PR and Adv. *ID and credit card verification will be required as a condition to receive your award. *Unclaimed awards donated to charity. *Any verbal, phone or written presentation, other than this letter is not valid. *Awards/Gifts received in a form of voucher per item.

* Car or Cash awarded supplied within 60 days of award. Car excludes certificate of entitlement (COE), registration fee, road tax, insurance, radio license, number plates and in vehicle unit. Car registration required within two months of the giveaway.

*World Vacation or S$1000 Flight voucher may require a standard industry-booking fee paid to the issuing vacation company upon using the accommodation; some industry terms and condition apply. Flight voucher require booking hotels at available rates to the issuing company.

*Recipients of awards/gifts in the form of a voucher will be required to pay shipping, handling warranty and registered insured mail/hand delivery fees of sixty-nine dollars per voucher.

* A public drawing will commence among the first 5000 participants who keep the terms and conditions or by 15
    Jan 2006 (which ever comes first), at which time, A NEW HYUNDAI ACCENT, is awarded and the
    promotion ends. *Gifts/awards may be subject to terms and conditions of the suppliers.
    JSM and sponsoring companies are not responsible for those conditions and reserve the right to exchange gift with
    equal value item according to vendor’s stock availability.

The promotion and exhibition not related to Singapore Tourism Board or National Association of Travel Agents Singapore.

The exhibit is not related and does not feature timeshare holidays or point’s holidays.
    There is no obligation to acquire or purchase anything.

Jue Shi Marketing, 350 Orchard Road, #12-08/09 Shaw House, Singapore 238868

We hereby confirm that we agree and abide by We hereby confirm receiving our award/gift
    the terms and conditions stated herein.

________________________________ ____________________________
    Signature Signature

Jue Shi Marketing

Found this at

http://www.crimeshare.net/whinges.html

Oct 18 2005
    Regret not visited this site before, I have also been cheated away 4 hours at Oriental Travel yesterday.
    Exactly as OT mentioned, this company made a phone call to me and tell me I am one of the "lucky draw" winner. And to receive the award (later they changed it to "gift"), my wife and I have to visit their company and join a 2 hours "introduction" session.
    My wistom told me that there is no free lunch, thus I decided not to go at first. And they called again, to ensure that I don't have to buu anything in the session, and the session is only 2 hours. The gifts (14 days free stay and a digital video cam) are guaranteed. I known that there must be a lot of terms & conditions for the "14 days free stay", but I am interested in the digital video cam. So I asked them the specification of the digital cam. They told me it is branded (such as JVC or cannon), 3+ Mega pixel and worth SDG1300+.
    So we went there. The presentation was impressive to show how cheap their travel package is compared to the ones available from travel agencies. And all you need to do is to take a membership.
    But then they don't tell you the most important part --- the membership fee, until very late after more than 3 hours of persuading.
    I have asked them the question of the membership fee lot of times, and their answer always was "the fee is not important, the benifit is significant".
    Until the very end of this session, that was already 3+ hours. And the membership fee turns out to be HUGE: more than 20K SGD.
    I did a simple calculation. With the upfront payment of the membership fee, you would have to using their package and save more than 2400+ SGD every year in next 20 years from the price difference in order to break even the membership fee (assuming a 6% annualized investment return, if the fee is otherwise invested).
    So after 4 hours of tired of the noisy, I made the correct decision, DO NOT buy, and say bye bye to them.
    I received the "gifts", 2 vouchers. 1 of the useless 14 days stay vourcher and another vourcher for the so called "video camera".
    To get the camera, you will have to send so called "shipping and handling fee" of SGD69 to a company named "Jue Shi Marketing Pte Ltd".
    The photo of the cam in the vourcher shows that it is a 320x240 (i.e. 76K pixel), no brand, "video cam". V.S. what they told me (3 Mega pixel, branded).
    I doubt the camerar worth SGD69 or not. So I called the Jue Shi Marketing. (the phone No. is not printed in the vourcher, and I found it from yellow page).
    After the phone rang for more than 5 minutes (I am patient enough not to hang up), some one picked up the phone at the other side. After conversation, it turns out that this "video camera" does not use any video tape, but use memory card. The memory card is NOT included, and you will have to buy it somewhere else.
    Such a "video camera" worths not much more, if not less, than SGD69.
    That's it. Lesson learned: It is always VERY TRUE that there is NO free lunch in this world.
    Next time be careful when you have any business with these two companies: Oriental Travel, and Jue Shi Marketing. - been_fooled

hi swami....yes i started a same thread in the other forum too...i did see the thing u posted aove in crimeshare web too..

Last time i oso kana b4, someone called me saying i've won a 3 day 2 night stay at a hotel in Sentosa, ask me go down somewhere to collect. Heh, dun rem joining any conest or lucky draws, so in the end nv go. confirm fake one man

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast