Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Oil is REALLY running Out
    There are good and bad teachers. Ditto for students.

I feel that it is alright to let students go for toilet breaks. Not sure why this is not allowed. Good that you controlled. If you have witnesses, please get one of your parents to write to School Principal highlighting this problem. Can be any other problem.

If principal does not want to take action, do it again and copy to the Cluster Superintendent.

Repeat and go to the Director of Schools. Next will be Dy Secretary and followed by the Permanent Secretary.

Remember - you must go through protocol. Please note that writing to the newspaper may not produce the desired effect.

Remember, adults always wins. In this case, the teacher always wins. I know it is not fair. but thats the way things are most of the time.

Although I know it is stressful being an educator, Teachers have to be role models to the students and this applies to bad students too. If a teacher cannot be an example, I suggest the teacher look for another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexz0m
    1 Example what happened today.

Student are not allowed to go to the toliet even after 2 hours of *resisting*.
    Even after dozens of PLEASE PLEASE etc.
    And it was so urgent...
    THIS IS NO GOOD I SWEAR.

It will put alot of pressure on the bladder and kidneys. Controlling too much will lead to dire consequences.
    Macbook Lion | X32 Crunchbang Linux | EeePC 900 Ubuntu | Core i5-3450 Desktop Win7 | iPad 2 | iPod Touch 4G | Samsung Galaxy S2

First hour is becuase the teacehr didn't bring the "permission pass" which is now in the new rule.
    It's not student's fault, it's the teacher forgotten to bring it.

2nd one is partly because didn't have pass also.
    This goes the same for my school also but if no pass the teachers just take paper and write cos so many of them lost their pass.

And my sch teachers they bring everywhere they go most of the time. Always in their pocket or else if don't have when we see VP or P and they ask why we don't have and we say this teacher let us go he will walk to the class and ask that teacher kana.

But mine they everytime say just start school, or going to recess, or after recess liao all cannot go toilet. Cos now all very busy with the syllabus they don't want us to miss lessons. But for longer periods like 4 period lesson which is total 1h 20min then they will allow us to go. 40min lesson they don't bother one.

And my sch teachers not like yours must resist like anything one. Teachers in my sch quite smart one. They know how to see if u really urgent or not. So cannot bluff them one.

Ok not 2 hours.

To be exact, 1.5 hours.

Newbie of Past & Present yantronic's Avatar
    The new rule includes.

"Recovery room"

It's a room whereby students are punished and is to sit inside the room till 6pm. Not allowed to do anything. Except doing your own work. They even ask you to sleep if you don't have work to do.

You will be sent there regardless of the time.
    Which means you can be caught at 6.45 am in school and is to sit inside this room doing nothing till 6.00pm.

And you will be sent to the recovery room just because of part of your shirt is out.
    Detention la. Be careful a bit don't draw attention to yourself loh.

Humans have this memory one. It's called "first impression".
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

detention >.<
    E6600 | P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition | 4870x2 | 2x4GB OCZ Reaper | Seasonic S12 | Silverstone TJ-03 Black | Samsung 24" 245B+
    Mac Mini | Samsung 27" SA550 | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x2GB DDR3 | 750GB
    iMac | 24" | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x4GB DDR3 | 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by Unclemun
    There are good and bad teachers. Ditto for students.

I feel that it is alright to let students go for toilet breaks. Not sure why this is not allowed. Good that you controlled. If you have witnesses, please get one of your parents to write to School Principal highlighting this problem. Can be any other problem.

If principal does not want to take action, do it again and copy to the Cluster Superintendent.

Repeat and go to the Director of Schools. Next will be Dy Secretary and followed by the Permanent Secretary.

Remember - you must go through protocol. Please note that writing to the newspaper may not produce the desired effect.

Remember, adults always wins. In this case, the teacher always wins. I know it is not fair. but thats the way things are most of the time.

Although I know it is stressful being an educator, Teachers have to be role models to the students and this applies to bad students too. If a teacher cannot be an example, I suggest the teacher look for another job.
    Actually in my school don't need to ask parents. Parents are very busy and they don't want to write in for teaching complains cos they not even there. Normally they will complain this guy harrass my child etc or mainly complain discipline one.

My school have a student feedback form service that we write our feedback about anything and they will most likely be read by the VP or P. And some of the parents and i believe some students also have direct email contact with the P and VP in my school.

So if i want complain any teacher i just take photo or video of class time teaching secretly or record the sound and then send to the P is not a difficult task for me.
    If i want to be a secret person also can so the teacher dunno who complain but knows is someone from that class.

Now teacher's job i know its not easy but i believe as a teacher you must teach properly and be helpful and approachable for students. If you are too fierece or you do not show any knowledge or slacking in your lessons and subjects, how to expect the students to do well and approach you for any problems? This one not primary school where the teachers very fierece etc.
    As part of a secondary school teacher, i believe this is the basic of your teaching carrer as its more acadamic based rather than in pri sch they care more about whether you do correction etc.

Once you are not flexible with the students you are sure to meet with problems. Like recently got one relief teacher take my class for english and we did one compo essay for her.

Interesting is that she said it will be graded and had to use school foolscap paper. She will reject other foolscap paper. I was like what the hell kind of stupid policy is ths? The school didn't even have this kind of rule. Lucky she only relief and if she is a permanent teacher 100% will have problems with all her classes. Nothing much to say just foolscap paper also so fussy. Next time u come tell me i only can use blue pen write see i think whole class whack her already.
    Its the same logic wat.

foolscap paper? i'll juz write on top of the foolscap sheet big big "RAFFLES INSTITUTION" there -.-
    E6600 | P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition | 4870x2 | 2x4GB OCZ Reaper | Seasonic S12 | Silverstone TJ-03 Black | Samsung 24" 245B+
    Mac Mini | Samsung 27" SA550 | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x2GB DDR3 | 750GB
    iMac | 24" | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x4GB DDR3 | 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by yantronic
    Detention la. Be careful a bit don't draw attention to yourself loh.

Humans have this memory one. It's called "first impression".
    Do you think this is effective? I don't think so leh. Ask u stay back unti 6pm got use meh?

Seems useless to me. They should spend time finding what is the problem with the student and damn tuck out shirt is such a minor problem ask you stay back. Don't siao lah.
    Just ask you tuck in your shirt then forget it lah. So may people tuck out shirt everyday you go ask them stay back lah.

What kind of stupid policy is this man! My school used to ask the students late for school one go for defaulters parade at 6pm. Fortunately they realised that this is a useless thing to do cos people don't turn up and still be late.

So now got clock in cards and suspension. Better lah for serious offences.

Like I have problems with my juniors attendance for CCA. We call their parents etc so what? no use one when they do not want to come means won't come. How much we force no point one leh. Personal first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu
    foolscap paper? i'll juz write on top of the foolscap sheet big big "RAFFLES INSTITUTION" there -.-
    That teacher mad one lah. Still is ex HOD of my school just that she now want a more relaxed life so do relief.

Cos my foolscap paper is popular housebrand one mah. Cheaper than school one. Or others buy AZone one. Cos u not only can use in school sometimes tuition also can use. So no point buy school one lor. Not say u use school one get more marks for your essay.

detention for not tucking in shirt.... wtf?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by John_Chee
    That teacher mad one lah. Still is ex HOD of my school just that she now want a more relaxed life so do relief.

Cos my foolscap paper is popular housebrand one mah. Cheaper than school one. Or others buy AZone one. Cos u not only can use in school sometimes tuition also can use. So no point buy school one lor. Not say u use school one get more marks for your essay.
    some teachers will you if u dun use school foolscap, but those are quite rare so...

Quote Originally Posted by lulu
    detention >.<
    yes we know u are regular lah

what school you from?

Quote Originally Posted by ukiya88
    what school you from?
    mi?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast