Poll: Vote For Your Favorite Singapore's Famous Quotes

Vote For Your Favorite Singapore's Famous Quotes

Singapore's Famous Quotes:

1) “For a person who runs a million-dollar charitable organisation, $600,000 is peanuts as it has a few hundred millions in reserves.” – Mrs Goh CT

2) “Retrenchment is good for singapore . If there is no retrenchments, then I worry.” – SM Goh

3) “Restoring the pay cuts of civil servants and ministers is reasonable as Singapore’s economy has now regained momentum.” – Ng EH

4) “I don’t think my reading for the economy is strong enough for us to even consider asking for the restoration of the cut in CPF.” – Lim BH

5) “I can say this with a clear conscience because I have been in the private sector and come in to government, and I will tell you squarely in the face that you’re getting a bargain for the ministers you get….” Ng EH

6) “We started off with (the name) and after looking at everything, the name that really tugged at the heartstrings was in front of us. The name itself is not new, but what has been used informally so far has endeared itself to all parties.” – Mah BT on the $400,000 exercise to rename Marina Bay as Marina Bay.

7) “Having enjoyed football as a national sport for decades, we in Singapore have set ourselves the target of reaching the final rounds of World Cup in 2010.” – Ho PK

8) “If you want to dance on a bar top, some of us will fall off the bar top. Some people will die as a result of liberalising bar top dancing; a young girl with a short skirt dancing on it may attract some insults from some other men, the boyfriend will start fighting and some people will die.” – Dr VB

9) “People support CPF cuts because there are no protest outside parliament.” – PM Lee

10) “The PAP Government has always thrived on its ability to anticipate problems.” – Wong KS

11) “We are not able to be everywhere as a government to know everything in Singapore.” – PM Lee

12) “How much do you want? Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?” – Dr VB

13) “People could buy frozen food instead of more expensive fresh food” “They could opt for house brand goods, which cost less than others. ” – PM Lee

14) “GST hike is to help the poor.” – PM Lee

15) “‘I mean, we are different. This was a lapse, what to do, it’s happened.” – PM Lee

16) ‘You know, the cure for all this talk is really a good dose of incompetent government. You get that alternative and you’ll never put Singapore together again: Humpty Dumpty cannot be put together again…and your asset values will be in peril, your security will be at risk and our women will become maids in other people’s countries, foreign workers.’
    – MM Lee – Justifying pay hikes for Singapore ministers, The Straits Times, 5 April 2007

17) ‘This should never have happened. I am sorry that it has.’ – Wong KS

18) “It has been a honest mistake, let us move on.” – Wong KS

19) ‘Every month, when I receive my CPF statement, I feel so rich and the best part is, I know the CPF money won’t run away. CPF will still be around for a long, long time to come.
    Not only is it earning good interest, my capital is protected.’ – Lim SS

20) “Right now we have Low Thia Khiang, Chiam See Tong, Steve Chia. We can deal with them. Suppose you had 10, 15, 20 opposition members in Parliament. Instead of spending my time thinking what is the right policy for Singapore , I’m going to spend all my time thinking what’s the right way to fix them, to buy my supporters votes, how can I solve this week’s problem and forget about next year’s challenges?” PM Lee, 3 May 2006.

You want to kena ISA for "inciting social unrest" is it?

All famous quotes from our higher mortals.

not simple thread

no option for all the above?
    | Intel i7 8700K | NZXT Kraken X62 | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 16GB | Acer Predator XB271HU | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X | Seasonic X-750 Gold | Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | (((AE))) AegoM 2.1 |

B&W 805s . YAMAHA A-S1000 . PIONEER BDP-LX54 . SONY KDL-40NX710

i think

“How much do you want? Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?” – Dr VB
    shows the most disconnect from the ground, especially after the 300 million YOG fiasco