Motherboard Failure - Should I RMA?

Hi.

Specs are:
    - AMD64 3000+ 754
    - Abit KV8 PRO
    - Nvidia MX440 64MB 8x
    - 2 x Corsair XMS TwinX 256MB

Recently, i've been having problems booting my computer. When I turn it on, the motherboard goes through the POST process, showing all the necessary POST codes on the LED, however with no video output (ie. there is nothing on the monitor). Then, the motherboard will do either of two things:
    1. Hang at certain post codes, like 26, 25, etc...
    2. Switch itself off

To fix that, i have to reset the CMOS by switching the jumpers. Once i do that, the CMOS is resetted and i can boot normally. But the POST screen says "CMOS failure - Defaults loaded". Other than that, everything is fine, no stability issues.

I think there is something wrong with my board, should I go and RMA it? If i should, anyone can teach me how? I am new to RMAing...

Thanks

might be one of this problem

- AGP Slot Faulty... RMA MB
    - GRFX Card Faulty ... RMA Card
    - PSU Faulty... RMA PSU
    Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
    | i5ooest:i5-4690S cooledby Kozuti | Maximus VII Impact mini-ITX | 2 x 8GB DDR3 | Extreme PRO 480Gb |
    | 1TB Veloci | MX800 | M12 II-620W | Jonsbo W1 |2707WFP (16:10) |

i just bought my psu one and a half months ago, so it should be fine: Verudium Power Lite 450W. As for Gfx card, it's about one year old i guess. How do i check whether the agp slot is faulty cos i don't have an extra agp card?

I don't think it has anything to do with the graphics card, cos everything else works fine and i can play games normally...

IS there a NEW BIOS? maybe NEw BIOS might help.
    If not just bring it to convergent...

Bring along your AGP,and Rams also.
    | i5ooest:i5-4690S cooledby Kozuti | Maximus VII Impact mini-ITX | 2 x 8GB DDR3 | Extreme PRO 480Gb |

i updated the BIOS immediately when the problem started, but it did not help, so it should not be the problem... when i bring to convergent, what do i do? must i like take a queue number or something?

Quote Originally Posted by papmech
    i updated the BIOS immediately when the problem started, but it did not help, so it should not be the problem... when i bring to convergent, what do i do? must i like take a queue number or something?

bring to service bay...

okay thanks!!

that explains why i haven't been seeing u online... good luck dude :victory:

Newbie of Past & Present yantronic's Avatar
    Badly seated GFX?

Good Luck dude.
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

Master of past & present Shamino's Avatar
    The uguru maybe slowly going to hell... or the board itself.
    When it comes to kv8 or av8, I'd be extra careful especially with all the auto shut downs. truth be told these 2 boards have a history of killing cpus. when things like that happen, I'd take extra caution.
    Perhaps an RMA is a good idea...

Master of past & present Shamino's Avatar
    hey man u may wanna try to clear out the sour uguru with this way
    http://forums.vr-zone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=21786