Evga X58 SLi meets my core i7 920.. BCLK 233/ 4900mhz achieved (so far)

heyaa fellas i've been struggling with my Evga x58 sli board for some quite time and seems like im finally starting to see what makes this board clock little better.
    so with out further due here is the stuff that was used on this first "real session" with my evga board achieved

Evga x58 Sli board
    Gskill 2000mhz tri ddr3 kit
    core i7 920 patch #3841A347
    WD raptor 150gig
    2 stage cascade ( build by piotres)

i have a feeling i can do little bit better than just that.. fingers crossed

CPU-Z Validator 3.0

and superPi 32M.. and yeah you guys dont have to tell me that super pi needs some serious tweaking but regardless its my personal best so far and im sure that putting the ram to 8-8-8-20 is still very doable. cl 7 sadly gives me an arror around 870mhz

Wow nice!!!

What's your cooling solution to get to such a high clock?

Quote Originally Posted by Teemax View Post
    Wow nice!!!

What's your cooling solution to get to such a high clock?
    2 stage cascade ( build by piotres)

Another crazy chip there, Solarfall.
    Seems many of you guys getting good results
    with this batch 3841A.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by clon22 View Post
    Another crazy chip there, Solarfall.
    Seems many of you guys getting good results
    with this batch 3841A.

Thanks for sharing.
    yep that patch seems to be pretty good for sure

here are some more results + pics i've totally shifted at using kneaded rubber its soo easy to take off and re apply and it does not stain the board [/B]

nro 1 spot in wprime 1024 at Hwbot is mine again

and finally the super pi runs

Insane chip there mate!
    Good board too.
    Guess u won't need a 965XE to do 3D benches.

Quote Originally Posted by clon22 View Post
    Insane chip there mate!
    Good board too.
    Guess u won't need a 965XE to do 3D benches.
    heheh you got that right woohoo im in the core i7 5ghz club now

some superPi 32m stability testing

@ Solarfall,

I am considering the EVGA X58 SLI for my build (instead of the Asus P6T which i was originally looking into). Could you give your impressions on how good and stable this Mobo is, and if its not too much trouble, what sort of a OC could you get on this chipset on air on all stock voltage.

If you have tried any other X58 mobo, please give your input as to which you feel is the best one for you yet.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sik19777 View Post
    @ Solarfall,

I am considering the EVGA X58 SLI for my build (instead of the Asus P6T which i was originally looking into). Could you give your impressions on how good and stable this Mobo is, and if its not too much trouble, what sort of a OC could you get on this chipset on air on all stock voltage.

If you have tried any other X58 mobo, please give your input as to which you feel is the best one for you yet.

Thanks.
    its very stable once you find the right voltage combo, i've owned the dfi x58 board too and it was pretty good too.. what sort of clocks would you get with air mmm well that varies quite alot.. firts what sort of cooler would you be using and secondly how stable your overclock to be.

@ Solarfall

Thanks for the reply. I plan to use the Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler. I basically want to achieve the following settings on pure stock voltages with Core i7 920:

BClock - 166
    CPU Multi - 20 (21 with Turbo)
    QPI - 18
    Uncore - 16
    Mem - 8

I believe the said settings should result in CPU clock of 3320Mhz (3486 w/Turbo) and a Memory clock of 1328Mhz.

I intend to use inexpensive DDR3-1333 memory, so would like to keep the memory settings at stock 1333Mhz range while overclocking the CPU only.

Do you suppose the said settings can be achieved on EVGA board on stock voltage.

Super Meanarator
    I don't see why you don't just buy a budget board like the UD3R if you only want stock voltages and a relatively minor OC.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    I don't see why you don't just buy a budget board like the UD3R if you only want stock voltages and a relatively minor OC.
    We don't have any Gigabyte boards available where I live (online or in stores - they have no distributorship in my country). But I can get the slightly cheaper Asus P6T instead of the EVGA X58 SLI. The issue is, that as per the review of the Asus P6T at Asus P6T: The Junior LGA1366 Mainboard with Senior Functionality - X-bit labs this board is not as good as some others when it comes to OC on stock voltages and requires higher voltage to OC the same Core i7 920 chip compared to the Gigabyte Boards. Heres a quote from page 9 of that review:

"When we overclocked using Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 and GA-EX58-Extreme, our Intel Core i7-920 CPU with 1.225V nominal core voltage remains stable up to 181MHz base frequency (133MHz nominal base frequency). It is important to enable “Load-Line Calibration” parameter that will prevent the voltage from dropping under heavy load. If you are using Turbo Boost technology that increases the multiplier to 21, the resulting CPU frequency will be 3.8GHz. I believe it is an excellent result, and considering that we didn’t touch the voltage it is absolutely brilliant! So what will Asus P6T mainboard respond with? Unfortunately, only 152MHz. You will be able to enjoy increased performance on your Asus P6T without losing any of the power-saving benefits up to 152MHz base frequency. The moment base frequency reaches 153MHz+ all Intel processor power-saving technologies will stop working and the core voltage will no longer get lower in idle mode."

So if the Gigabyte Board was available, i would have gotten that, but the only boards available here are

Asus P6T X58 Mobo (Rs. 22,800)
    Intel DX58SO (Rs. 20,500)
    EVGA X58 SLI (Rs. 28,000)
    XFX X58 SLI (Rs. 25,000)
    MSI X58 Platinum (Rs. 23,200)
    (I have included the price to give you an idea of their value in my local currency)

I have the DX58SO and X58Pro.
    Overall i think the X58pro is pretty good stuff for its price.
    It's cheaper than the smackover too and SLI's doing good too.
    That's my experience so far.. couldn't really afford the higher end boards.
    ...though i don't mind having a nice Evga board.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfall View Post
    heheh you got that right woohoo im in the core i7 5ghz club now

some superPi 32m stability testing

Woah!
    That's some serious clocks buddy!
    U're sure killing some XEs' out there.
    Go Go Go!