upper

Motherboard failed?

I motherboard i'm currently using has just developed this weird problem. now i cannot boot into windows...

i can get past the bios screen, but then right after that it will auto restart. then it will auto restart again and again, each time faster than the last time. it behaves as though some ghost is pressing the restart button at random after post.

i tried swapping the psu, ram and disconnecting non-core hardware. still the same. i can access the bio menu but only for a while b4 it auto restarts.

i also searched the web for "cyclic restarts" and such. nothing i can find. i believe its either the motherboard or the power supply.

now im left without my main system. am using my sister's tablet now =(

diamond
    It will be helpful if you can let all know your rig e.g. what CPU , what mobo, blah blah blah....
    also, how long you been using before this happen etc.

Sounds like a typical Asus motherboard problem.
    Could also be due to your ram. Try running memtest to check for spoiled rams.

I had a similar problem of system restarting after getting pass bios. Eventually solve after swapping out the 5700 for a old geforce 2. :shoot4: :shoot4:

upper
    Resolved the problem with a new motherboard =/ (Abit NF7-S2 v2.0)
    System was:

AthlonXP Tbred 2200+ Revision E0 Stepping 1
    Gigabyte GA-7VA
    786 PC 3200 Corsair Value Ram (512+256)
    Leadtek 6600GT TDH AGP
    WD 160GB PATA
    SB Live 5.1

B4 swapping motherboard, i tried swapping the 6600GT with my old mx440 but no use.
    All temperatures below 45 degrees. Been using this system for almost 3 years liao (on 24/7)
    What could have caused the motherboard to behave like this? Faulty caps?
    Last edited by nm7007; Dec 22nd, 05 at 02:58 AM.