Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maxonline problem

when ever i cannot connect to the internet i will reboot my cable modem.
    recently i have encounter twice after i switch off the modem, when i turn it back on, the lights on the modem will not come back on.
    it is only after a few hours that it will just automatically switch on itself after which i am able to connect again.

anyone encountering this problem too?
    is my modem failing?
    thanks
    www.tokyopink.per.sg

Main Rig
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 (Toledo) Socket 939 | Mobo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR | RAMS: 2 x Patriot CL3 1GB DDR400 | GFX: WinFast PX7800GT TDH 256MB | Caings: NZXT Zero | PSU: FSP EPSILON 600W | TV Card: Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP | Display: LG L1970HR | Drive: Benq DW1640 | Storage: WD800JD 80GB x 2, WD1200JB 120GB IDE | WD500GBAAKS x 2 | Speaker: Altec Lansing ACS54

Work Rig (Labby)
    Fujitsu Lifebook Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz| PC4300 1GB | 14" Lcd Display

Quote Originally Posted by zzendzz
    recently i have encounter twice after i switch off the modem, when i turn it back on, the lights on the modem will not come back on.
    it is only after a few hours that it will just automatically switch on itself after which i am able to connect again.

is my modem failing?
    thanks
    what model u using?

try calling their technical department, get an ans faster
    Whatever floats your boat...

dude.. i noe your prob.. it's the f*** starhub's modem.. i have the same prob too.. when you call them they will say,"oh sir, wait let me check... oh there might be a prob wif your cables try connecting to another point sir.." yadayaday ada.. they will say something and then they will cal u back after checkin wif technical dept... nonesonse one.. all you gotta do is go to the main branch and show them the modem.. they'll rma or get you a new one after they find it faulty

wtf this is happening to me too the "send" light will flash n flash then i dulan and reset a couple of times more then can connect -.-

Quote Originally Posted by rumboy
    dude.. i noe your prob.. it's the f*** starhub's modem.. i have the same prob too.. when you call them they will say,"oh sir, wait let me check... oh there might be a prob wif your cables try connecting to another point sir.." yadayaday ada.. they will say something and then they will cal u back after checkin wif technical dept... nonesonse one.. all you gotta do is go to the main branch and show them the modem.. they'll rma or get you a new one after they find it faulty
    Alternatively, if possible you can try to get them to come to your place. Last time i got them to come over to test then exchange a new one on the spot.

A long wait Silver it is dondon's Avatar
    which model is this?
    Upgraded to the Starhub Core 2 Duo notebook and then to ASUS G1 blink blink..and I love it!!

If I win a bid pls pm me..ty[left]MO poker chips and other poker stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rumboy
    Agreed with him.
    Logically, if there are fault on cables and installation outside your apartment, you wont even have a chance to be online.
    Get it to them for a replacement.
    BTW, izzit the motorola sufrboard 5100?

Bipolar Narcissistic Dreamslacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zzendzz

is my modem failing?
    thanks

Does this seem to happen only when it rains heavily?

I've encountered this problem (from back when cable was under SCV) before. Only happened if it had rained heavily for at least 3 hours. And the area gets knocked out.. Called my friends in the neighbourhood and all of us got hit.
    Conclusion: The node/ hub serving the area or the cables are not exactly waterproofed.

Got everyone to start spamming their hotline until they sort of fixed it.

Since then, the service has only ever knocked out once. During the extremely heavy rains at the end of 2005 where it took 1.5 days of continuous heavy rain to actually knock out the service for 2 hours.
    An Idle Mind Walks in Dark Places
    Certified Network n00b

My service has knocked out a few times. Mostly in the middle of the night.. Bro and I just assumed it was under maintenance or something. *shrug*... Doubt it's the modem.
    So, you want a piece of me? Take THAT!!!

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale | ASUS P5Q-EM | Kingston 2 x 2GB DDR800 CL5 | Palit GT 640 4GB | Intel 530 Series SSD 240GB | Western Digital Scorpio Black 740GB 7200rpm SATAIII | LG GSA-H44N | FSP Epsilon 700W | Soldam Altium FCR1000 in White Pearl Mica | Phillips Brilliance 239CQH | Buffalo BSKBU03 Keyboard (Japanese Layout) | Razer Pro|Click v1.6 High Precision Mouse | Razer Pro|Pad Mouse Pad | Aego M

Old modem?
    I use the motorola voip modem so far so good, no disconnect or anything.

I was on the old modem for awhile, the beige surfboard 3 series or something, and then I noticed my home network got disconnected pretty frequently. I then changed to the SB5100. While disconnections still happen, the rate at which they occur is already much less than before. This though, has to do more with the compatibility between modem and router than the service itself I think..
    So, you want a piece of me? Take THAT!!!

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale | ASUS P5Q-EM | Kingston 2 x 2GB DDR800 CL5 | Palit GT 640 4GB | Intel 530 Series SSD 240GB | Western Digital Scorpio Black 740GB 7200rpm SATAIII | LG GSA-H44N | FSP Epsilon 700W | Soldam Altium FCR1000 in White Pearl Mica | Phillips Brilliance 239CQH | Buffalo BSKBU03 Keyboard (Japanese Layout) | Razer Pro|Click v1.6 High Precision Mouse | Razer Pro|Pad Mouse Pad | Aego M

using the black modem.. mine can disconnect up to 3 times a day.. so i restart my lappie by SHUTTING DOWN and switching off the modem and wireless router and switching all on again when the lappie is off.. works for me.. thats what my friend(MOL user too) taught me..

Quote Originally Posted by Puddie
    I was on the old modem for awhile, the beige surfboard 3 series or something, and then I noticed my home network got disconnected pretty frequently. I then changed to the SB5100. While disconnections still happen, the rate at which they occur is already much less than before. This though, has to do more with the compatibility between modem and router than the service itself I think..
    I remember last time when the technician came to install the vipo modem, he told me that the old modem had quite a number of problem and complaint, and the voip modem is a much better device compare to the old one.

hmmmm.
    i remember at the start of this year when i was still in kembangan, my internet connection also got knocked out for a couple of days. it was during the weekends, so had to wait until mon then call.

they said that they were updating their server or something.

happened a few times later at nite then... tot it was updating of server. :S

?_? but after I moved to woodlands, no such problem so far has ever occurred to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast