Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hi, why can we not share the configuration and steps to make the hg8240 work with multiple network ports? clearly, if it's built with those ports, the intention is to make them useful. it would be stupid to just use the first port only. if it's due to some selfish telco reasons, then the more we should reveal the hacks.

just signed up for m1 fiber... was told that no need RG for voice anymore.

Does that mean the internet traffic are no longer VLAN tagged anymore? I can connect my own traditional router to PORT1 of ONT and telephone to TEL port of ONT?

can anyone confirm?

Don't really know what is VLAN tag.
    Yes you can connect your router to port 1 of ONT and telephone to TEL port of ONT.
    There are 4 LAN port and 2 TEL on the ONT. Only of each can be used.

Anyone know how to open ports for HG8240?
    When i change to static IP for my computer to HG8240, i lose my internet connection.
    I can only see the VOIP WAN in HG8240 so i can't select the WAN connection to open the port.

HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by narf24 View Post
    Don't really know what is VLAN tag.
    Yes you can connect your router to port 1 of ONT and telephone to TEL port of ONT.
    There are 4 LAN port and 2 TEL on the ONT. Only of each can be used.

Anyone know how to open ports for HG8240?
    When i change to static IP for my computer to HG8240, i lose my internet connection.
    I can only see the VOIP WAN in HG8240 so i can't select the WAN connection to open the port.

HELP!
    thanks for the clarification.

Anyway i am wondering why do u need to open port on the HG8240? If you are connecting port 1 direct to your PC, you should get a internet/public IP from the HG8240 right? In that case, all ports should be open to your PC already. Why do u still need to open ports?

Great thread by some great users. Just PMed some of the super users here. Hope to have a reply soon.
    Koh Chun Seng
    Email: [email protected]

I PMed him one month ago, yet to get reply. I don't think he is still monitoring this thread.

Let's hope he does, otherwise, will need some enlightenments from the rest of the gurus here.
    Koh Chun Seng
    Email: [email protected]

anyone got the giude to open the lan port? of the hg8420

since this thread is about M1 fiber. just want to know if anyone could help regarding our problem after we change to M1 fiber.

We have setup a PPTP server at our office and we have few locations using M1 ADSL with PPTP clients that is connecting without any problem, except for one location that we are using M1 Fiber. After we change from Singtel ADSL to M1 Fiber any computer that would use the M1 Fiber connection at that location they could not establish a connection to our PPTP server.

M1 tech support already came down few times and they could not resolve the issue and they keep saying that it is our firewall problem. But we already showed them that if I use any kind of connection (eg. mobile broadband M1, Starhub or Singtel) we could establish a connection to our PPTP server. We cannot connect only if we use the M1 Fiber.

so thanks for your post ,

But i have Problem to Login on ATP Interface , it not accept to me Default username and Password

can help me how can i recovery ATP Interface password ?

regards .

Hello all, just wanna check if this hack is valid as on date for HG8240? I wanna get the SIP settings out of the box

Should be still valid. Problem is that the SIP packets need to be VLAN tagged.
    Anyone actually managed to get their SIP number working on softphones?

Can anyone PM me on how to enable LAN port 2-4 on HG8240? is it even possible?

SYSTEM: MSI MEGA 865
    CPU: Intel P4 2.4A Prescott
    RAM: Twinmos 1Gb Dual Channel DDR400
    GPU: R8500 128MB
    CD: Sony 820
    HDD: WD 160GB HDD
    DISPLAY: Dell 2407WFP
    G7 mouse with MS Bluetooth KB

Think it's not possible to enable port 2-4..Unless flash the firmware to some custom firmware?
    I am not sure though..

anyone can help me? the password has changed i guess
    mind if you can share the super admin user and password?
    would like to configure it so that my sister can connect pc via lan and me via wireless
    you don't miss what you don't know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast