Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    ATi 4850 has 800SP GPU-Z confirmed (still only 16 ROPs though)

    [IMG]http://my.***********.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=1293&stc=1&d=1213589365[/IMG]

    Still disappointed at the low ROP count.
    Core i7 940 @ 4.01Ghz - 6GB DDR3 1608Mhz -
    SLI GTX 280 SSC - EVGA X58 Classified -
    ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Corsair 1000W PSU

  2. #2
    ROP doesnt matter much cause thats not a bottleneck, Did you mean TMU count?

  3. #3
    I think that the rv770 ROPS are optimized and will be 400% faster than the rv670 ones!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggamata View Post
    ROP doesnt matter much cause thats not a bottleneck, Did you mean TMU count?
    Well, Ati must be a special case then. ROP were a bottleneck at nVidia. Remember when 8800 GT was released and how it performed against the G80 8800GTS. I never used and R600 or RV670 video card , but can remember that people were complaining about 2900XT having only 16 ROPs.

  5. #5
    I dont want to escalate the situation here, but I believe everyone complained about the TMU's in rv670 not the ROP's even nvidia lowered the number of ROP's in g92 because it didn't really matter to them. all said and done lets just wait another week, because we are not going to gain anything without getting some solid numbers from review sites.

  6. #6
    iirc, ROPs are bottlenecked by the memory bus bandwidth so anything above 16rops for a 256bit mem bus would be redundant.... i guess wad matters more are the amt of TMUs... any confirmation on that figure yet?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by annhilator47 View Post
    i guess wad matters more are the amt of TMUs... any confirmation on that figure yet?
    Well the confirmation (assuming the shot is legit) is in the shot itself, 625mhz core x 32 TMU = 20 gigatexel texture fillrate.

  8. #8
    It has 480 Sp , this is fake and everything that will come to say it has more than 480.
    Proof
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Rad...4870,5667.html
    so be done with fake news like this , there is no 800SP.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ptr1aa View Post
    It has 480 Sp , this is fake and everything that will come to say it has more than 480.
    Proof
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Rad...4870,5667.html
    so be done with fake news like this , there is no 800SP.
    We're going to debate this over an Amazon.com confirmation? Considering everywhere except tomshardware is saying 800SP's I'm still going to say that the card has 800SPs.
    Core i7 940 @ 4.01Ghz - 6GB DDR3 1608Mhz -
    SLI GTX 280 SSC - EVGA X58 Classified -
    ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Corsair 1000W PSU

  10. #10
    I don't think that GPUz would be updated to 800sps if that was not the case. I don't believe they rely on forum discussions to update their program.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by psolord View Post
    I don't think that GPUz would be updated to 800sps if that was not the case. I don't believe they rely on forum discussions to update their program.
    Oops, sorry I didn't include the link. The latest GPU-z update was yesterday and under it it said "fixed 4850 shader detection".

    Here's the update page.
    Last edited by Araris; Jun 18th, 08 at 06:00 PM.
    Core i7 940 @ 4.01Ghz - 6GB DDR3 1608Mhz -
    SLI GTX 280 SSC - EVGA X58 Classified -
    ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Corsair 1000W PSU