Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Some DX11 screenshots

very nice still pics..what hw will be required to run them at 30+ fps? a cluster of 4 Larrabee GPUs?

Actually, most of those pictures look like they can be done under DX10 with clever shader code. Some might even be possible with DX9.

looks like real sia! imagine next gen h-games ...

Newbie of Now and Forever wwenze's Avatar
    I want moving pictures

Else, all it takes is a good artist.

poison strong wallet weak Hurricaneboi's Avatar
    holy crap.
    i7 8700K + CM 212X @ 4.8GHz | Windows 10 Home 64 Bit | MSI Z370 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX1070 | 16GB G.Skill SniperX DDR4-3600 | Seasonic M12II 620W | Razer DeathAdder Elite | Samsung 27" | Corsair Obsidian 450D

damm so fast

Quote Originally Posted by psolord View Post
    No way dude! These pics are unreal! Especially number 4!
    precisely. I find 4 is the worse one. the grass and the patch of creepers on the wall scream of flat textures.

I duno if its good ideal to jump DX11 soo soon even today most powerful GFX get very slow FPS in crysis and 3DMark Vantage at max settings

I don't see the images. Broken links?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    precisely. I find 4 is the worse one. the grass and the patch of creepers on the wall scream of flat textures.
    Actually i meant that i like them very much!

The images are low res so we can't really judge the textures, but there seems to be potential!

The grass could be shader generated!

pic 2 looks like sims or some ugly house planner

water is most impressive

pic 1 is crazy.

Pic 1 looks like some highly advanced shaders, possibly cryengine 3 (which is due out within the timeframe 2011 probably).
    pic 2 is meh, looks like some static light maps...
    pic 3 is also probably pre-rendered static light maps, but they want you to believe it is radiosity rendering (that takes at least a few hours to render on a fast CPU).
    pic 4 crysis looks much better except for the raytraced windows.
    Overall these pics are as faked as those dx10 shots of flight sim x which we saw in 2006.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast