Thread: Losing weight

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    [R][E][S][P][E][C][T] static369's Avatar

Losing weight

Hi guys. I'd like to know how i can lose weight by doing more exercise.
    My weight is 114kg and my height is 165cm. According to my BMI level, that is very obese. I just finished school and awaiting enlistment. I now have more time in the evening to go for jogging. How can I further reduce my weight quickly?

you must go for diet according to your blood group. check in net for nutrient for glood group.
    Last edited by bonn_3000; May 18th, 09 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bonn_3000 View Post
    you must go for diet according to your blood group. check in net for nutrient for glood group.

So it means i have to eat right?

The Blood Group Diet Review

Found this on the net. Not many ppl follow this... Hmmm....

Proper nutrition is important coz starving yourself wont do you any good.Jogging is good but do high-intensity workouts to add more variance to your routine.

Quote Originally Posted by the.sandman View Post
    Proper nutrition is important coz starving yourself wont do you any good.Jogging is good but do high-intensity workouts to add more variance to your routine.

Can you explain a bit more on the high-intensity workouts part?

Plus having my weight, is it even advisable to jog?

blood group diets lol.

climb bukit timah hill and you'll find a secret manual - ketogenic diet by lyle mcdonald.
    Follow that to a T and you'll get what you want.
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -
    Mingda amps|Custom Audiophile cables|An Audioholic Abroad part 1

Current MO -
    Full Aluminium Mini ITX Chassis

Contact me via -
    Msn ID- [email protected]
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub
    Join the audiohub facebook fan page

Quote Originally Posted by static369 View Post
    Can you explain a bit more on the high-intensity workouts part?

Plus having my weight, is it even advisable to jog?
    you can try jogging, but generally with your BMI, jogging may be too much impact for your joints, primarily your knees, to start out with try a low-impact exercise. if you have access to a swimming pool that would be good, if not....a bike, strider, or cross-trainer would work well.

i have a friend who is quite active, but has always been a bit heavy-set he is about 175, used to be close to 95kg, but managed to cut down to 68-69 within 3 years. according to him most of this comes from changing his diet.

the hardest part will be that your body will tell you its hungry and you're not eating enough -- but you have to remember that in a way you've trained it to intake that much food. that is why for all professional sportsmen, they have nutritionist to help them measure out their diets, you usually can't trust your "hunger". i've read quite a few articles on nutrition and they say you can actually not eat --just drink water for 15 days up to 40 days before you even experience muscle atrophy or ur body breaks down your tissue for food.

if you want to lose weight -- the key will definitely be your diet.

keep a food log and keep tabulating your log calories + micronutrients.

Check it every day at 12 pm and 4 pm to see if how much you've eaten for the initial 2 weeks orientation. After which knowing how much food you need to hit that mark will allow you to understand what you need to eat in a day.

You can hit your total caloric requirement for the day and still be hungry due to satiety issues due to physical/psychological problems with the food that you eat.

Having more fats in your diet allow the stomach to digest it longer and remain full.
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -

Current MO -

Contact me via -
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub

there are some weight loss supplements online too... if you wanna go for the healthy path go for the appetite suppressants more hardcore would be those thyroid enhancers or thermogenic fat burners I won't say their bad but don't take it for too long... also at that weight you might have difficulty running cos its bad for the joints at that weight. try cycling full speed and swimming alternative days. don't let your body get used to doing one excercise reduce the efficiency. I don't believe in dieting. just hard work

if you don't go on a strict diet then how are you going to get a caloric deficit.
    appetite depressants exactly what dieting is, to reduce your caloric intake.

No matter what thermogenics you were to consume and still eat copious amount of food that amounts to a caloric surplus or equilibrium, you won't get any fat loss ever.

efficiency is only marked by the intensity which your body's capacity is able to push itself. You can do the same exercise everyday but pushing your intensity and power output higher would be able to elicit good results.

Updates -

Current MO -

Contact me via -
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub

I suggest u choose a right and healthy way to reduce weight, only by this way can it be

permanent,fast and fit.
    U may need a guider to help ur plan, I recommend you try P90X, it will guide u step by step in detail.
    Follow the link u may interest:Wholesale dvds | Drop Ship DVD | DVD Box Set

Exercise is the absolute best solution. Try finding a sport or activity that you think you'll enjoy. If there isn't anything you like - then a slow jog or brisk walk is just what the body is asking for.

The benefits of regular exercise reach into every area of the body (brain and it's thought processes, lungs, etc..). Even recent studies suggest that exercise reduces the risk of skin cancer and help those not taking proper care of themselves (such as smokers). It's an excellent preventative for many illnesses.

Best!

bro something I myself am trying out you like too fat to jog. so get some knee guards (the one that binds your knees) and find the highest hdb flat with lift and start climbing up and lifting down(walking down hurts the knees not beneficiary) I did 20 times up a 13 story building just walking and dead tired muscle burn

Ok for me , i climb up stairs everyday to home...20+ floors

When it comes to meals , i am cutting down on rice , more veg & fruits , raisins & nuts for tidbits and drink plain water most of the time , now i lost 4kg within a month , is there anything else i can improve on?
    My drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast