BNIB Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000 (4 bay) Xpandable-RAID S$688

4 Bay Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000 @ was S$999

Post PC Show Special. Now S$700 only!

S$688

Limited stocks so act fast!

Local supplier, local netgear warranty. Warranty starts from the day of your purchase, receipt will be issued for the day of your purchase.

Using one myself and two of my friends using it too. Damn good NAS.

This is the fastest consumer grade 4-bay NAS in the market (more than 30MB/s internal transfer speed)

Reviews:
    ReadyNAS NV+ - Powered By Steam

The best part about it is the X-RAID which will allow you to upgrade your harddisk (max 2TB for now per slot) WITHOUT having to move your data in and out of the device.

I'm sure you guys with a couple of TB on the DNS323 know how painful that is...

The best consumer grade NAS you can buy.

2nd only to the ReadyNAS NVX series.

NOW S$688 ONLY - Special Offer

Limited stocks so act fast!

Pricing locally as at first week of June 2010:
    Sim Lim Square, Fuwell, S$1199 TBC
    Funan Center PK Computers, S$1188 S$729
    Sim Lim Square, Media Pro S$1090 S$980 with 4 x 500GB HDD S$699

Singapore's recommended retail price is roughly S$1300 and above inclusive of GST.

S$999 S$700 S$688 is a steal.

Trust me, I've done my market research - I've been eyeing this NAS for over a year now.

I've tried these devices

1. DNS323 (will be up for sale soon. pic coming soon, need to migrate data off it)
    2. ReadyNAS DUO (for sale here - this one is also brand new, I didn't like it and bought the NV+ almost a day after)
    3. ReadyNAS NVX
    4. Openfiler
    5. FreeNAS

And I'm extremely happy with the device.

ReadyNAS NV+ (Perfect for SMB with 10 - 20 users and home power users with lots of video/music)

First come first served.

Potential buyers:- Send me proof, ie official quotation/flyer and we will match
    Last edited by midus; Jun 22nd, 10 at 12:52 PM.
    Article: Technical summary of real-world perfomance between SSD controllers and manufacturers. (www.midus-fx.com)

Have an active Amazon Prime account. If you'd like to order something, drop me a PM or search for my contact number from my threads and whatsapp me. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by row1
    @midus damn, that looks nice!
    Is that always on or wake on lan?
    You can set it the disks to spin down after some minutes of inactivity
    (5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,90,120,180,240)

There's also a power timer where you can schedule auto power-on and power-off, each day can have it's own settings.

It can also monitor UPS through USB port to auto shutdown in case juice runs out during power failure...
    Article: Technical summary of real-world perfomance between SSD controllers and manufacturers. (www.midus-fx.com)

Have an active Amazon Prime account. If you'd like to order something, drop me a PM or search for my contact number from my threads and whatsapp me. Cheers!

Hi

How long is the warranty?

Where is the Service Centre if I need to send the item for repair?

Quote Originally Posted by lps_75 View Post
    Hi

How long is the warranty?

Where is the Service Centre if I need to send the item for repair?
    3 years by Netgear, if you need to send item for repair, bring it back to the supplier (not me), invoice for item is issued by supplier (local)

Sorry I missed this thread, wasn't monitoring it.

21st-ReadyNAS

...When I had previously switched between running Slimserver on Win XP or MacOS X, I heard no sonic difference, save for the great musical quality of the Slim Devices software and hardware, a killer combo that opened up a big can of whoop-ass on digital audio gear costing several thousand dollars. I thus expected the same with the ReadyNAS NV+. Not so! What I heard caught me totally off guard, and to this day I still cannot figure out what the hell is going on.

The ReadyNAS NV+ with its embedded Linux running SlimServer blew away not only using Win XP and MacOS X, but also many high-end digital source components that start at around $5,000. The sound stage expanded way out yet again, causing a need for maybe a next-door sublet; the black, silent background went into total solar eclipse; and everything else, including musical pace, rhythm, and timbre all improved, all not by just a little, but by a lot.

The newly enhanced definition and precision of exactly placed instruments totally floored me. None of this improvement was you-gotta-strain-your-ears-to-hear-it subtle. All of which is to say, the ReadyNAS/Seagate combination pushed my high-end rig up another whole notch, which is really saying something.

As I said, I am clueless why this huge improvement in musical quality happened. Nothing else had been changed, except for running Slimserver on the ReadyNAS instead of on my Mac, which has the latest version of MacOS X. I was using the exact same music files, in the same uncompressed WAV format, and the same decoders and Squeezebox as before. My MBL 101D speakers were certainly the same, and nothing else had changed in my audio rig, either; same Nordost Valhalla speaker cables and interconnects, same Sunfire amplifiers and preamplifier, and the same Nordost Thor power conditioner.

Was it a difference in operating systems? That makes no sense, as Linux and MacOS X both spring from the same UNIX family tree. Is it because the ReadyNAS NV+ is running an embedded, dedicated OS with much less overhead than the general purpose Win XP and MacOS X? Could it have been a lower noise floor in the power supply (always a big design issue in audio) of the ReadyNAS NV+? Or was it the Seagate Barracuda drives with their advanced error correction and other failure-proof capabilities? Or was it some mysterious brew of all the above? I don’t have the foggiest.

Regardless, it should not have been happening, and it opens wide the high-end door to a brand new discussion of bits-are-bits, what-are-bits, and what-does-this-all-mean? It would seem the high-end has a completely different realm to explore, especially as systems in the home increasingly go all digital with networked media distribution from central servers...