Sound issue with Swan M10

Hi,

I have this Swan M10 which has this irritating 'boom' when turning on or off the speaker via the switch behind the subwoofer.

Also, when I am touching the 3.5mm plug in, there will be 'static' noise coming out of the speaker.

Is this an known issue with the speaker or is my speaker problematic?
    Do not argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    ------------
    Blacklisted user:
    jen160801 (9xxx6405) - Fly aeroplane. SMS no reply. Call no reply.

Common with all speakers. The boom is due to capacitor discharge and the static is due to human body conduction path between ground and signal path
    DaveLT on OCN

Fly Limpei Aeroplane: Radeon_Freak(829867xx)

Newbie of Now and Forever wwenze's Avatar
    Some designs have this, other designs not. Either way it's not likely a component failure.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenPaget View Post
    Common with all speakers. The boom is due to capacitor discharge and the static is due to human body conduction path between ground and signal path
    I dont' agree with you that it is common. it depends on the design of the speaker itself. I don't remember the HK soundstick have this issue, neither did my old altec lanscing fx6021.

I am fine if the speaker does not contain the necessary electronics to 'mute' this sound. just want to know if this is a common issue with this speaker or is this only a problem with my set.
    Do not argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    ------------
    Blacklisted user:

Eeeeek!
    1) I have this Swan M10 which has this irritating 'boom' when turning on or off the speaker via the switch behind the subwoofer.

That's normal for those speakers without the "protection circuits" to prevent that sound, unless its abnormally loud or has some odd noises instead of the the usual "boom" then you should start worrying.

2) Also, when I am touching the 3.5mm plug in, there will be 'static' noise coming out of the speaker.

The speakers receive the audio signal from the source via the cable, thus any static coming from the cable due to your hand coming into contact with the 3.5mm plug will be treated as an audio signal and thus leading to the speakers "playing" static.

Dear Starhub, do you see a need in throttling my VPN too?
    All postings are done in my personal capacity and do not represent VR-Zone unless otherwise stated.

Quote Originally Posted by clintonccy View Post
    1) I have this Swan M10 which has this irritating 'boom' when turning on or off the speaker via the switch behind the subwoofer.

That's normal for those speakers without the "protection circuits" to prevent that sound, unless its abnormally loud or has some odd noises instead of the the usual "boom" then you should start worrying.

2) Also, when I am touching the 3.5mm plug in, there will be 'static' noise coming out of the speaker.

The speakers receive the audio signal from the source via the cable, thus any static coming from the cable due to your hand coming into contact with the 3.5mm plug will be treated as an audio signal and thus leading to the speakers "playing" static.
    noted. the boom is quite loud, as in, loud enough to startle someone sitting beside me. but i guess it's still within the normal 'boom' sound. thanks for your sharing your experience
    ------------
    Blacklisted user: