Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Pho3Nixor - Trade Experience

I've always upheld a policy that shit sometimes happen, when you want to minimize the cost of trying out different electronic tech toys you have to take some crap sometimes in the buy/sell game. After all, everyone wants to get the best price. Haggling is fine, but some would sell their mothers for $10/20. I've encountered one or two no-shows and a few people who cancel after telling me of course I won't cancel. No big deal, you meet all sorts.

When shit happens, you brush it off your boot and walk away. If you let it bother you, shit wins Had many other great experieneces. One of the case modders here allowed me to his home and showed me his new modding work in progress, another guy generous shared his knowledge on AMD CPUs as I was only up to date on Intel, interesting reads all over the hardware section etc. But in this case, the shit came back for more. The story is so ridiculous I can't help sharing.

This is my description of how my transaction with Pho3nixor went. He's welcome to present his side of the story since mine is obviously going to be biased because of my personal involvement.

~ Give away revodrive 3 x2 480gb card to pho3nixor back in october f.o.c. after he accuses me of backing off on trade because I'm reneging for a better offer. I was a bit hot headed after he made some pretty nasty accusations about my character. Plain simple reason is I don't trust him when he misrepresented a water block and he had cancelled on me earlier for a trade of the same revodrive so I didn't think he could object. Obviously he holds me to a higher standard than himself and I agree with him, I DO HOLD MYSELF TO A HIGHER STANDARD.

~ Even a dog is grateful to the hand that feeds him. Pho3Nixor continues to be insulting after the card is given foc to him. I even paid $20 for cabfare since he came from Pasir Ris. And no, he didn't take a cab.

~ Event is over or so I foolishly thought. Pho3nixor blacklisted for obvious reasons.

~ Out of the blue, comes back in December to say he wants to make things right. Tells me he wants to have a fresh beginning. Doesn't want to maintain a feud. Says he'll give me the items we agreed to trade IF I WANT. (key words here, I don't think he was expecting me to say sure, hand them over)

~ His story keeps on changing in his subsequent pms. First from I have everything packaged and waiting to be delivered to me IF I WANT THEM (key words here). I say I won't say no to them if you're serious. Suddenly the story starts changing: some items are missing and going to be replaced, some items are used in his rig and have to be swapped out. Then suddenly I have to go to Pasir Ris to pick up the items. Finally he's rethinking his position. LOL... Ends up insulting me over pm, calling me low EQ. This from a gent who doesn't know how to do a simple trade discussion on the phone. I came into this with no expectations and wasn't disappointed I guess he didn't expect me to say, give the items to me because I've told him before.

This is the key difference between me and him. When i said I'll give him the revodrive because principles are more important to me than a few lousy hundred, I follow through. Offer was made, he rushed down to my condo in a few hours and I promptly handed it over. I don't write pms and smses talking about this and that and in the end, a big ball of hot air.

Come on, I'm happily minding my business, I've given this beggar a free $500 card and even taxi fare to pick up the card and then he re-initiates contact to insult me. Like I said, even a dog won't bite the hand that feeds it.

Latest PMs for your browsing pleasure, unedited.

Quote Originally Posted by ordway
    Anyway this doesn't feel like new beginnings more like a rehash of insults. You came to me with no obligation and said you wanted to make things right, I'll give you that and thought I had you pegged wrong.

From my point of view, I'll just say all I've seen is you back tracking with me once i said sure send me the stuff. From the first message which I was impressed when you said you had all the items and were going to arrange to deliver them to me and then to items being swapped out, used, and then I have to pick up and now you say you"ll reconsider. You can read them for yourself, I'm not making them up.

Like you said no obligation on your part. I'm not going to question you what you give or how goes what. If you sincerely want a fresh start, then just prove it by actions, no more messages about this and that. You want me to come somewhere to pick up something, tell me time and place. If you want to deliver, you know my address. If you don't want to do anything, stop messaging me.

If you're looking for me to be extremely grateful than you're barking up the wrong tree. You want me to think maybe I have the wrong idea of you, then prove it

I must have said it over five times, I'm a firm believer in actions. Until now all i see is meaningless accusations by both parties. Anyway you prefer long messages and smses, I've never written as much with anyone else. So do as you see fit. I'm done trading barbs.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Again up to you.

I've removed the sig after you made it clear you didn't like it. Don't understand why its obvious when I paid for your transport.

Like you said there's no obligation. If you've changed you mind and don't want to, its your choice. I think I've made that clear and so have you.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by pho3nixor
    I don't know if that is a lack of common sense or EQ but as far as I know, when people say they won't post etc about an issue the last thing I expect them to do is do add in the words 'blacklist:username' in their signature and not see that as a clear infringement of their previous agreement.

Also, obviously I'm not going to pay for your transport. You must be insane if to think I would. From your tone its apparent you seem to think I should. This entire thing is a offer not obligation but your snide comments are making me reconsider my decision.

Sure, you didn't say to delete it so I assumed it was no big deal.
    No biggie already deleted.

Of course you didn't have to wait. I just read the part where you said sitting in their package and must have interpreted it wrong. Ok, time and location, I'll pick up at your convenience and I won't even ask you to pay for my transport.

I presume you have my number, if not, its 9XXX-XXXX.

Cheers.

I'm sorry but I wasn't going to wait with a dismantled system on someone who so adamantly said 'No trade' when I offered the items the last time so I had use it. No matter, the items are ready to be picked up by you at a time of convenience.

Seeing as your signature still remains unchanged I think I have enough reason to think that way.

Bala.

I thought you said the items were sitting in their package. Anyway, here's the items we agreed upon:

CPU Block
    Pump
    Pump top
    240 Multiport Rad
    360 Crossflow Rad
    3 New GTs
    EK 150ml Advance Res

I'm sorry you feel that way if you think I'm starting a feud. I can't control what you think.

~Chris.

Well to me the blacklist itself indicates a desire to create a feud because otherwise one would personally keep the bad experiences to himself like I have done and like we agreed. Just my opinion.

Could you kindly list out what we agreed to trade just to check? I am using the pump but I will dismantle my system pass it to you and buy another one or you could take the FIlco keyboard which can be sold for much more, your call.

PS: Just to be clear, I would return the drive but I have long since donated the drive to a cause that uses it for folding as I clearly did not feel good keeping it. So basically the watercooling items would be a donation to you as you indirectly donated the drive to them.

I am initiating this because I want a sense of closure to this as I feel you have not done so. I acted out of anger at the end and see the act of my giving the watercooling items to you as a lesson to be learnt for me and to a hve a new start.

Look its up to you what you want to do. If you want to give the W.C. items, to quote you, "I'm not going to say no."

What's important to me is that I've done my fair part and have no expectations of you. I'm a firm believer of the phrase, "actions speak louder than words." I am also satisfied with how I conducted myself in the end even though I'll admit as I did in the beginning that there was plenty of nastiness on both sides.

I've moved on and while yes you are on my blacklist for obvious reasons, I don't think I've badmouthed you specifically or anything like that.

In any event, I have no intention to waste my time to carry on a "feud" and I don't think I've made any indication to do so. If it bothers you that you're on my black list, I'll remove it since I've made this evidently clear.

Cheers.

Hey there, I dunno about you but I've waited this long in the hope that you would have cooled down. The last time we met apparently you were too 'hot' to rationally think or to even accept the trade items I brought. Nonetheless I was surprised to see your signature even though we agreed to let everything end.

I still kept silent but I like I said now I think time enough has passed for me to send you this message. The items we agreed to trade are still sitting in their package and I can have them delivered to you if you so desire.

I have not had any form of enmity with anyone I don't wish to start one with someone I believe is one of the better people on the forum. We had a deal go horribly bad but believe we can work past it rather than the current status quo.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we might not be thick friends but the least we could do is be civil and continue to interact on the forums etc. I'm trying to fix things so let me know what I can do.

Regards,
    Bala
    Last edited by ordway; Jan 10th, 13 at 12:36 PM.

Lol bro, I'm not going to rise to your bait. You are the ONLY one on this forum that apparently has a problem with me and can piss me off.

Several things have been left out and/or misrepresented but I am simply not bothered enough to care anymore. Not worth my time and effort.

Cheers bro.

Quote Originally Posted by pho3nixor View Post
    Lol bro, I'm not going to rise to your bait. You are the ONLY one on this forum that apparently has a problem with me and can piss me off.

Several things have been left out and/or misrepresented but I am simply not bothered enough to care anymore. Not worth my time and effort.

Cheers bro.
    No worries. I have absolutely no expectations of you

The latest PMs are unedited. I guess you wanted to ease your conscience before you posted your sales thread. Didn't expect me to take up your offer right. Funny how I posted this thread nearly the same time as your sale thread. Ain't coincidences grand. And don't worry, I'm not going to post anymore on your sales thread. You need the money more than me "bro."

Wow, thanks to another gent here, caught him in an outright lie. I thought it strange that a guy who would sell his pride for $20 cab fare would "donate the drive to a cause that uses it for folding." Seems out of character from him and last I checked, so little charities are looking for quad raid SSD solutions.

Look at what a little birdie told me. Link:

WTS/WTT: Revodrive 3 x2 480 GB

look at the nick, bala and balanar sounds close? Revodrive 3 x2 480gb is such a common item in Singapore? Apparently my English must be terrible. Donate usually means not being monetarily compensated.

Oh Pho3nixor thank you, this entertainment is worth the drive. Every penny. Plus, I have never browsed through geekhack in my life. This was reported to me by another VRzoner who had a bad experience with you.

You said, I'm the only one having problems with you. Why is it that two other people within 12 hours of my post have pmed me saying that you "cheated them" as well? I'm not going to mention names since I don't have permission from them but mod can check my pm to show I don't lie, at least not as glaringly as you do. Strangely enough, both of them have perfect feedback. Like you and me.

BTW, could someone contact profosist? The guy who bought the revodrive from this turd? I don't want to create a random account there. I don't think he should be penalized his hard earned cash and will provide him with a receipt for the 3 year warranty which Pho3nixor doesn't have.
    Last edited by ordway; Jan 10th, 13 at 06:46 PM.

Last edited by Soulblade; Jan 28th, 13 at 12:01 AM.

What!? The deal went sour & you gave him a free revo drive? So if our deal were to go south, could i get free high end stuff too? ...just kidding... Still a bit shocked that you would just give it away. ...& to think we almost had a deal for that revo drive before.

Quote Originally Posted by theprogramsmith View Post
    What!? The deal went sour & you gave him a free revo drive? So if our deal were to go south, could i get free high end stuff too? ...just kidding... Still a bit shocked that you would just give it away. ...& to think we almost had a deal for that revo drive before.
    Heheh, I've got a temper sometimes and makes me do weird things. Btw, how's the ssd, did you find a case yet? Your sirus is pretty good, love it for skype chats. The mic is so much better than my old one. Its surprisingly comfortable even though the grip is quite tight on the head.

Anyway the guy throughout was telling me sob story about how he's so busy he can't eat and sleep, how he's just a student and he had to reschedule professors, how he had spent hours preparing the items and all that jazz.

Tell him free revodrive suddenly schedule can change, can talk on the phone and he came running from one end of Singapore at Pasir Ris to my place. It was quite funny in retrospect.

After he got the drive, he then likes to talk big just like the lie about giving away the revodrive to a charity, when he sold it on geekhacks (thanks to the guy who sent me the link). I remember just after I handed him the drive and he was safely away he sends me this sms:

Here's the hilarious part. He seemed to have forgotten after I handed him the drive and put $20 into his pocket for his cab fare, I walked back towards my block (met him at front gate). He was maybe a hundred feet away and I hear someone shouting "Bro! bro!" He runs to me and when he catches up tells me he wants the receipt.

I remember being speechless. I think he also knows he's being quite despo already, he even said "I know you may think I'm ridiculous..." than something about how he wants to receipt for warranty. Can shout bro and run up to catch me and then ask for receipt but not a whisper about this magnanimous offer.

He's right about one thing, I do find him ridiculous. His words sound very nice on SMS and PM, always justifying his behavior, but how he actually behaves is completely different.

That was unexpected really.. To be honest, I would not expect a person to be like that.
    - What goes around comes around -

Woah always thought he was a nice guy haha but seriously he doesn't look like a person in need of money just by looking thru the forum

as to why I gave him the revodrive (since multiple people ask):

I want to cancel the deal because I'm not comfortable dealing with this guy. We had just renegotiated the night before to swap out the cpu water block. Wasn't sure what else would be different or what not and don't trust this guy.

Again, not giving the drive to him because of whether he's in the right or the wrong, but I take responsibility for canceling a deal even when this guy previously cancelled on me. Some of it is my temper growing hot. Note the sms sounding so reasonable telling me just transfer what I think is appropriate?

Got me pissed him trying to sound like he's taking the high road. The guy is completely crazy and two faced and like I said, will write anything to make him sound good. Right after I sent the sms, and before he sent me his POSB details, he called me and first words out of his mouth are, "are you ****ing kidding me bro." Then tells me he rescheduled two meetings with professors and NEEDED the drive for his rig. Tells me $30 is not enough. HA! When he cancelled on me previously, his reason for cancelling? Cannot afford. That's funny because all along we had worked for a no cash top up trade and he constantly reassured me he would trade. No apologies or anything and has the cheek to ask me if I want to straight out buy his water cooling stuff. Bear in mind, he strung me a long for a while telling me various reason why he can't trade at the moment but always reassuring me he wanted to.

Anyway, during the phone call I ask him flat out, so what you think your time is worth. Suddenly $100 amount is revealed to be what his time is worth.

I was going to wire him 1 cent, but the sms immediately after telling me "just send what I think is appropriate". Wow... its like the sms later telling me he wanted to give me the items + $100. It completely doesn't gel with reality. I don't deal well with crazies. and the rest can tell. Giving the drive to him is not because of his actions, just I want to prove by my actions that I hold myself to a higher standard and he is just a little beggar.

Again, you read his sales thread on geekslash:
    WTS/WTT: Revodrive 3 x2 480 GB

Notice how to avoid explaining why no receipt, no retail packaging etc and to get the best price he says:

"The item doesn't come with a box and you should take it as having no warranty for now since I got it via a proxy and he has the purchase details. I am in the process of contacting him."

"No warranty for now." / "Am in the process of contacting him" I've suddenly become Pho3Nixor's proxy.

So many lies, Pho3Nixor, so many lies. When I sold Skulltre & Moochini my GTX 690s, I told them flat out, no box, treat it as no box and that's why priced accordingly. I don't say no box for now, I'll be coming back in six months and most probably will have the box so let's price it a little higher crap. No expectations, no disappointment if anything happens.

This guy is selling the card one month after (brand new in anti-static wrap). I guess he didn't really need it in his rig (another lie). By this time I've flat out say I won't bother with the added inconvenience of scanning the receipt, blacking out my personal details. Yet he implies its possible. Really upright, stand-up guy. That's why be careful about his sales threads. He will say anything to get the best price.

Terrence you're right, I wouldn't expect this from a 100% feedback guy. But like I said, two people (one of them left positive f/b for him like me) have come forward to me to tell me they got cheated by him as well. This guy would do great being on the first floor of SLS. Can promise heaven and earth to chop carrot.

Anyway, I'm getting a little vitriolic. I'll tone down. When shit gets to you, shit wins. So far only presented my side. I welcome him to explain his side if he can justify the number of lies etc. Like I said, the matter was closed to me, until he contacted me suddenly and stirred this shit up with that batch of pms. Read the first pm to me. See how he presents himself as the calm rational individual coming to make peace. Then later, the generous charity giver. And finally, after serious consideration, he finds that because of my ungrateful behavior, he has reconsidered.

(Bite tongue icon also looks like vomit blood icon)
    Last edited by ordway; Jan 11th, 13 at 09:15 AM.

damn, big wall of text. Anyway, enough time spent on this jerk. I think his character can clearly be seen. He's welcome to present his side and explain his actions. Won't bother to waste my time taking pics and hosting all our sms/pms etc unless he tries to lie again.

Perhaps the other parties who got scammed should speak out. Anyway, I think its not right to leave a positive feedback in this case, when in hindsight, you feel that you have been cheated. Should change the '+' to a '-'.

I'm pretty amazed that you actually wanted to compensate him for a failed deal. $30 for talking/sms to a free revodrive + $20 cab ride?!

Its not really just the monetary factor either. To have done this for a guy who doesn't appreciate it and character is..
    i5-4670k | H100i | Asus MVIG | TridentX 16GB | EVGA Gtx 680 |
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    | Corsair 350D | Seasonic XP-860 | Asus Xonar STX

AktiMate Micro

Quote Originally Posted by davidwong89 View Post
    Perhaps the other parties who got scammed should speak out. Anyway, I think its not right to leave a positive feedback in this case, when in hindsight, you feel that you have been cheated. Should change the '+' to a '-'.

I'm pretty amazed that you actually wanted to compensate him for a failed deal. $30 for talking/sms to a free revodrive + $20 cab ride?!

Its not really just the monetary factor either. To have done this for a guy who doesn't appreciate it and character is..
    Both don't want to get involved in the shit storm. Perfectly understandable.
    You can edit the feedback? It says I can only submit a bad report?

Like I said, giving the card is not about him. Its about proving the difference between him and me. Sure I agree its kinda stupid and wasteful as well, but like I said, I have a temper.

So note to future buyers. Piss me off enough and maybe you get something for free too!

Hehe, look at the guy, abandon the sales thread in other hardware components because of my post to place a new thread in Singapore general sales. Furiously bumping to get rid of his items quick while letting the other one die. Like I said, he wants a few dollars so bad let him have it.
    Last edited by ordway; Jan 11th, 13 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ordway View Post
    Heheh, I've got a temper sometimes and makes me do weird things. Btw, how's the ssd, did you find a case yet? Your sirus is pretty good, love it for skype chats. The mic is so much better than my old one. Its surprisingly comfortable even though the grip is quite tight on the head.

Anyway the guy throughout was telling me sob story about how he's so busy he can't eat and sleep, how he's just a student and he had to reschedule professors, how he had spent hours preparing the items and all that jazz.

Tell him free revodrive suddenly schedule can change, can talk on the phone and he came running from one end of Singapore at Pasir Ris to my place. It was quite funny in retrospect.

After he got the drive, he then likes to talk big just like the lie about giving away the revodrive to a charity, when he sold it on geekhacks (thanks to the guy who sent me the link). I remember just after I handed him the drive and he was safely away he sends me this sms:

Here's the hilarious part. He seemed to have forgotten after I handed him the drive and put $20 into his pocket for his cab fare, I walked back towards my block (met him at front gate). He was maybe a hundred feet away and I hear someone shouting "Bro! bro!" He runs to me and when he catches up tells me he wants the receipt.

I remember being speechless. I think he also knows he's being quite despo already, he even said "I know you may think I'm ridiculous..." than something about how he wants to receipt for warranty. Can shout bro and run up to catch me and then ask for receipt but not a whisper about this magnanimous offer.

He's right about one thing, I do find him ridiculous. His words sound very nice on SMS and PM, always justifying his behavior, but how he actually behaves is completely different.
    still haven't found an ssd case for it. still busy building my latest wc rig anyway. that's fine though, i'll get to that soon. nice to know the sirus is serving u well.

hope u recover from this nasty experience. maybe things will balance out & u get nicer deals in the future.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast