Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So at the end of the day, after going thru all the trouble of RMA and extra cost, you stil got a NG mobo.
    My experience with local Asrock distro Avertek is super. Never an issue.

Republic of Overclockers
    newegg seems to be getting more and more "famous" these days for crappy after sales service. apparently, if an item is sent overseas, the 15 day return period is automatically void. since newegg offers the cheapest price with non-existant support, so it seems like u get what u pay for. u pay peanuts, u get monkeys.

if that is the case, it might be better buying from another e-tailer with better after-sales support instead like amazon for tech purchases. or maybe even buy from a china e-tailer like aliexpress instead. i found the following quote on another forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by stj
    chinese sellers are different, they see the feedback as more important than possible customer fraud.
    i'v had hundreds of things from china,
    once the item didnt arrive, they re-sent wihout question,
    twice goods got damaged, i sent foto's and they just sent out replacements the same day.
    they also usually pack stuff very well - the government subsidises the post so they have no reason not too.
    this kind of service from a seller is excellent particularly for sg buyers because it costs a lot more to ship the item from sg to usa than from usa to sg. depending on the cost of the item, i might not make sense to ship low-value items back to the usa if the shipping costs more than the item itself!

it also does not make sense to be paying so much money for a high-value item from newegg and be treated like dirt with absent after-sales support. and the way newegg push here, push there and push around the blame to the manufacturer is also appalling. newegg support talk until so much cock but at the end of the day, nothing constructive is accomplished by them trying to help/solve the customer's needs. it looks like newegg is the "lousy china seller" here so it looks like i will never be buying from newegg. i will pay a few dollars more by buying from amazon instead with better after sales support. so in this whole fiasco, newegg has lost 2 customers. haha~ serves them right!

also the question on how the pins became bent is still unanswered. i hope newegg packed the item well with lots of bubble wrap and packing peanuts. unfortunately, newegg is also "famous" for their high doa rate so i doubt newegg packed the item well or they redistributed/recirculated damaged items. if the item isnt packed well or turns up trashed, i am inclined to believe they use foreign buyers as their "dumping ground" for unwanted/damaged products they cannot get rid of.

even though one will always encounter unintelligent lifeforms err... sellers/e-tailers regardless of the selling platform. what truly matters is the aftersales service. we certainly wont be buying from sellers/e-tailers who show their true nature and change color as quickly as a chameleon once money changes hands. always remember to use the power of the internet, social media and forums to warn other potential customers of gutter sellers and e-tailers.

BTW, the return MB was not the original one that I send as the serial number end with 22022, I don't know whether it is refurbished or another new board, otherwise they can return the next day after they received from their reply above. Anyway it is a headache to install Win7 and win8, with their drivers that hang every-time that you need to reinstall or reset when in Win10.
    Anyway Amazon is much better online service than Newegg, which don't really care even thought their response will help me to reduce the freight cost but just talk only, so advise not to buy from Newegg as it can see that they do response but when talk about money they keep quiet
    Last edited by wsohplvr; Feb 26th, 16 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLegionnair View Post
    it also does not make sense to be paying so much money for a high-value item from newegg and be treated like dirt with absent after-sales support. and the way newegg push here, push there and push around the blame to the manufacturer is also appalling. newegg support talk until so much cock but at the end of the day, nothing constructive is accomplished by them trying to help/solve the customer's needs. it looks like newegg is the "lousy china seller" here so it looks like i will never be buying from newegg. i will pay a few dollars more by buying from amazon instead with better after sales support. so in this whole fiasco, newegg has lost 2 customers. haha~ serves them right!
    Make it three, I have thinking of making some tech purchase for newegg as the prices were quite attractive. Now reading this, no way am I going to buy anything from them.

Just curious had anyone run an Asrock Z170 Extreme 7+? Do you have the same problem as me? I had install 2 units Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 with only problem is you can only install with only 1 hard drive first then after installation of OS then add all the other hard disks or SSD you want.
    I buy Asrock because of the 2 units of Z97 Extreme6 had no problem, but then from now , I will not buy any more Asrock Product online anymore especially from Newegg.

up for awareness. Rubbish american trash website.

Intel Core i5 2500k 4.5ghz cooled by Thermalright Venomous X Black + 2 Scythe GTs / Biostar TP67XE / Kingston Value Ram DDR3 4x2gb / 2x Powercolor 6870 CrossfireX / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black + Seagate 7200.11 500gb / Seasonic X-750 Gold Power Supply / Silverstone RV-02B

Just update that don't buy sensitive and heavy stuff parts like motherboard or hard disk from Newegg or Amazon, if the parts don't deliver to Singapore that you need US forwarding agent to send to you, because they only give you return to them also from US agent address, so you had to send to your forwarding agent in US then back to them, mean you still had to pay both ways freight.

just Up the post for reminding

Republic of Overclockers
    now, this is what i call good service from amazon: ordered a 90mm fan but they sent the 120mm version by mistake. sent them the following email:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLegionnaire
    hi, i ordered a 90mm fan but the item i got is the 120mm version of the item. the item appears to have been wrongly labelled. there is a sticker pasted on it saying it is 90mm but the packaging says "120". i can take photos and send it to you if required.

i am an overseas customer and used a reshipping service to ship the item. i only got the item today. it appears the 30 day window to return/exchange the item has elapsed. please tell me what to do next.
    and they replied with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon.com Customer Service
    Hello ChaosLegionnaire,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you had with the item.

Please understand that we always make every attempt to securely package all the item that we deliver your order in their perfect condition but sometimes these types of error may occur. Rest assured that I'm forwarding your email to our inventory and packing team so this can be checked.

At this point of time, to save you from hassles of returning the item that you've received in the order; You can keep, donate or dispose of the item--whichever option is convenient for you.

To set this right for you, I've created a free replacement order with an upgraded shipping method. The details of this order are as follows:

Order Number:<censored>
    Shipping Method: One-Day Shipping
    Guaranteed delivery by: Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Here is a direct link to check on the status of your replacement order:

<link censored>

Rest assured, we’ll continue working hard to ensure that you receive accurate service, and to minimize the chances of anything like this occurring again.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope you have a great day.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards
    dont need to send pictures and they acknowledged their mistake and sent out the replacement despite it being outside of their 30 day return/exchange window. the point is not about the item being outside of the return window but the fact that they shipped the wrong item and owned up! this is what i call good service!

btw, i use gshipexpress to ship my stuff and they have a service to snap pictures of your item at a service charge of US$2 per item. not sure if cgw has a similar service but snapping pics of the item when it arrives at the warehouse is much better. if ordering volatile items like mobo, u can ask them to zoom in and take pics of the cpu socket area to make sure got no bent pins. if got, can straight away file for rma case with the seller and then ask the shipping company to return the item from their usa warehouse back to the seller. much better than paying 20+ bucks shipping fee and wasting money shipping an item over here that is going to be useless/sent back.

ordering online sometimes will sway and will kena mistakes by the seller but that wont stop me from shopping online. do try to know how and figure out ways to work around it and make it work. much better than hitting a brick wall with the local distros with their "useless local warranty".

I understand Amazon is better online purchase, but can't email them, you had their email from services? can PM to me? because I do return 1 MB also, but they don't reimburse the freight charges , only refund the sale price of the MB. and can't write to them only send feedback from the return link, but never got reply.

Quote Originally Posted by wsohplvr View Post
    I understand Amazon is better online purchase, but can't email them, you had their email from services? can PM to me? because I do return 1 MB also, but they don't reimburse the freight charges , only refund the sale price of the MB. and can't write to them only send feedback from the return link, but never got reply.
    live chat with their CSO or their online feedback form.

if u bought the wrong stuffs and want to refund, i think its perfect sense that u bear the shipping and repacking cost. unless u are their premium customer who keep buying from them. then u can try to talk to them to waive off the charges.
    My Gadgets:
    LG G3 D858 w/64gb MicroSD & PS3 Slim 160Gb Black

Desktop Rig:

Intel i5-2500K, ASRock H77M-ITX, Kingston 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz, Sapphire R9 280 3GB, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, 2TB WD Black, Swans D1010-IV, Fractal Design Node 304, Antec Earthwatts 550w 80PLUS Platinum, Microsoft Sidewinder X6, Dell 2209WA, MS Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

Buyers to take note: JL2009, OWENNG (waste time), Narneless (potential prank)

Republic of Overclockers
    their "contact us" page is hidden. u have to go thru a few clicks to access it. one way is to look at the section called "let us help you" at the bottom of any page. (make sure u log in first before u click) click on "amazon assistant". scroll down to the section called "need help?" and click on contact us. it should now show u your last order. click "choose a different order" to select the right order u want. scroll down to "tell us more about your issue" and keep selecting the issues u have with your order until a button comes up with email us, phone or sumthing. and u've got it.

not sure why its so troublesome. prolly to make frauds give up or to make defrauding amazon harder.

EDIT: another way is to just log in to your amazon account first then goto www.amazon.com/customerservice and scroll down to browse help topics -> need more help? -> contact us. u have to type the link manually into your browser. i made the link non-clickable on purpose to protect forumers from phishing attacks.
    Last edited by ChaosLegionnair; Apr 8th, 16 at 09:50 PM.

UP again for not forgetting the problem til now

Reminder again

Legitimate point, however would it say it isn't reported to send the mainboard alongside the CPU defensive top or cover appended?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast