Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone using seasonic s12 650W? got some questions on the psu.

i noticed there is this 4pin ATX 12V plug. where is it connected to?

2nd, my board only has 4 pin for the cpu plug, and the default cpu plug is 8pins. so which 4 to use ? the left 4pins, right 4 or centre?
    Case Mods:
    PowerMac G5-Enigma Ver 1: Completed Ver 2: Work in Progress

Powermac G4: Icy Blue cube Work in Progress

Mac Mini me ?

only 1 will fit
    Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
    | i5ooest:i5-4690S cooledby Kozuti | Maximus VII Impact mini-ITX | 2 x 8GB DDR3 | Extreme PRO 480Gb |
    | 1TB Veloci | MX800 | M12 II-620W | Jonsbo W1 |2707WFP (16:10) |

Rage is the freedom left Z_Dash's Avatar
    Your 2nd question i believe your psu is having the 8pin connector aka EPS12v connector for certain mobo like mine aw9d-max

So You'll need to connect either 4pin or 8pin which ever your mobo requires

Regarding the EPS12v 8pin connector anyone can ease my query what's its diff from the 4pin connector? I'm using 4pin to 8pin EPS12v adaptor to connect atm.
    Last edited by Z_Dash; Nov 21st, 07 at 04:57 PM.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    Main Rig--> CPU: Intel i5 3570K | Mobo: Asrock Z77E-ITX | GFX: Onboard (temp) | Mem: 2x 2GB Corsair Platinum Series DDR3-1666mhz | Display: Dell ST2410 24" LCD | HDD: Crucial M4 128Gb + 2x 2TB Western Digital Green Raid1 | Optical Storage: 18x Sony DVD+/-RW Lightscribe | Audio: Onboard | PSU: Corsair HX620 620W Modular | Saitek Eclipse | Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue + Destructor with Exactrest | Casing: CM Elite 120 | Speakers: Megaworks THX 550 with Gigaworks S750 Satellites

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Dash View Post
    Your 2nd question i believe your psu is having the 8pin connector aka EPS12v connector for certain mobo like mine aw9d-max

So You'll need to connect either 4pin or 8pin which ever your mobo requires

Regarding the EPS12v 8pin connector anyone can ease my query what's its diff from the 4pin connector? I'm using 4pin to 8pin EPS12v adaptor to connect atm.
    i know. but the 8pin like glued together 1. not like the ocz can split.
    Case Mods:

Mac Mini me ?

Quote Originally Posted by tarui04 View Post
    i know. but the 8pin like glued together 1. not like the ocz can split.
    The PSU should have another 4pin connector which is meant for default mobo 4pin CPU supply.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    Main Rig--> CPU: Intel i5 3570K | Mobo: Asrock Z77E-ITX | GFX: Onboard (temp) | Mem: 2x 2GB Corsair Platinum Series DDR3-1666mhz | Display: Dell ST2410 24" LCD | HDD: Crucial M4 128Gb + 2x 2TB Western Digital Green Raid1 | Optical Storage: 18x Sony DVD+/-RW Lightscribe | Audio: Onboard | PSU: Corsair HX620 620W Modular | Saitek Eclipse | Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue + Destructor with Exactrest | Casing: CM Elite 120 | Speakers: Megaworks THX 550 with Gigaworks S750 Satellites

yes i forgot... S12 have 1 8pin and 1 4 pin

Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
    | i5ooest:i5-4690S cooledby Kozuti | Maximus VII Impact mini-ITX | 2 x 8GB DDR3 | Extreme PRO 480Gb |
    | 1TB Veloci | MX800 | M12 II-620W | Jonsbo W1 |2707WFP (16:10) |

The PSU should have another 4pin connector which is meant for default mobo 4pin CPU supply.
    so...which 1 shld i use ? the 4 pin or 8pin ?
    Case Mods:

Mac Mini me ?

so...which 1 shld i use ? the 4 pin or 8pin ?
    You should be using its 4pin bro.......8pin is left for other mobo like my AW9D-MAX or Asus P5B Deluxe which have a 8pin socket.

Quote Originally Posted by booest View Post
    yes i forgot... S12 have 1 8pin and 1 4 pin

Boo......Regarding the EPS12v 8pin connector what's its diff from the 4pin connector? I'm using 4pin to 8pin EPS12v adaptor to connect atm.

You should be using its 4pin bro.......8pin is left for other mobo like my AW9D-MAX or Asus P5B Deluxe which have a 8pin socket.
    thanks for that.

if i am offline after 5mins that means......smoke.
    Case Mods:

Mac Mini me ?

your first question answered your 2nd question actually. use the 4 pin 12v atx where you wanted to put t he 8 pin 12v eps atx

thanks for that.

if i am offline after 5mins that means......smoke.
    The pin is designed to fit in only that CPU 4pin. Though i nv tried the mobo supply 20+4 to fit into CPU 4pin

Quote Originally Posted by Ar3s View Post
    your first question answered your 2nd question actually. use the 4 pin 12v atx where you wanted to put t he 8 pin 12v eps atx
    His mobo isn't 8pin eps12v........his mobo is the old sch 4pin CPU supply.
    The seasonic came with both 4pin and 8pin supply which confused him.

i understand that bro. been there before. i believe mine has the 4pin cpu supply as well. its just for entry level servers that need the eps supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar3s View Post
    i understand that bro. been there before. i believe mine has the 4pin cpu supply as well. its just for entry level servers that need the eps supply.
    But what's the actual use for eps supply compared to the 4pin cpu supply?
    My mobo is the 8pin eps socket but i'm using adaptor from 4pin-8pin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast